Falconry Pest Control Service
Regional Environmental Services provide a natural and humane alternative form of bird control that uses falconry to scare pest birds. Falconry is an extremely effective way to control and manage nuisance birds when other proofing methods are unsuitable or access is restricted.
Our birds of prey are trained to disperse large groups of birds, such as gulls and pigeons, making them change their behaviour patterns. Falconry is used to scare birds from an area, not to kill them.
Our falconry service is an effective deterrent method that is used to help control and manage the following situations:
- Clearing urban areas where bird proofing methods are unsuitable or there is restricted or unavailable access. This is a common problem for city centres, blocks of flats, shopping centres and listed historic buildings.
- Clearing large sites of nuisance birds where they are heavily populating an area.
- Preventing pest birds from roosting or nesting.
- Clearing the area of birds before and after bird proofing has been installed.
- In outdoor areas where bird proofing is not viable; such as landfills, parks or farmland.
Reduce Health Risks
Bird droppings from nuisance birds, such as gulls and pigeons, can spread diseases such as Ornithosis, E. Coli and Salmonella. Bird droppings are extremely hard to clean due to its acidity and can cause damage to vehicles, buildings, pavements and entrances, as they can become slippery and hazardous.
Gulls can be noisy and aggressive, especially during the breeding season and have been known to attack people. Their swooping and low flight levels can be intimidating to people visiting your property or outdoor areas.
Pigeons are very territorial once they have established and settled into their home. This presents a problem when this is within a building so Harris Hawks are commonly used to deter the birds as opposed to Falcons as they are more suited to internal constricted spaces.
Professional Falconry for Effective Bird Control
Regional Environmental Services offer professional nuisance bird removal services and control methods. If you’re experiencing problems as a result of pest birds, please contact us and we would be happy to conduct a site survey to devise a strategy for the best course of action. We tailor our services by combining our deterrent methods to deliver the best results.
Find out more about our other bird control services in Salisbury, Southampton and London.